Where Did the Busy Week Go {Edition 10}

Really, this week was filled with a lot of things
– in fact, way too many things.

• Monday was spent administering college final exams and grading until the wee hours of the night.
  • Tuesday afternoon my daughter got sick.
  • And Wednesday – I got sick.

As I mentally recapped my week, I began thinking how there wasn’t that much that I wanted to photographically remember about the week. Then I reviewed some of the photos I shot on my iPhone and surprisingly realized that we actually did a lot of good things over the week too.

Often I forget the good times when faced with a couple days of unfortunate events.

I am the first to say that photos – don’t tell the whole story. My family, we struggle and have bad moments just as much as the next. I often talk about our struggles in posts that I categorize under “Things I’d like to remember.”

Yet my busy week posts are like my electronic scrapbook of the moments I cherish. They represent our weekly highlights NOT our occasional shadows. So here are our week’s highlights in one place:

BusyWeek10-HolidayEdition

We got most of our Christmas cards out.

We spent evenings hanging out with our dog,
looking at our tree trimmings
and smiling at the stockings ready for Santa.

We baked Christmas goodies,
filled our advent calendar,
went to fancy holiday parties,
and wrapped, and wrapped, and wrapped some more.

Not my normal Busy Week post – yet definitely worth remembering… especially to help shed some light on the shadows. Sometimes we all need to remember to shine a light on our shadowy memories.

In fact, the only way to fight the shadows is with light. Right?

Leave a Comment: Do you ever struggle to remember the highlights of the week?

This entry was posted in Family, Where Did the Busy Week Go? and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Where Did the Busy Week Go {Edition 10}

1. Galit Breen
    Twitter: GalitBreen

Love this!

It’s wise and lovely and real and true!

One more time: Love this!
    Galit Breen recently posted..BabbaBox {Crafting & Learning with Kids Made Easy}

Thanks Galit. It is so easy to let the bad moments overshadow the good. For 10 weeks now I have been “scraping booking” my week here every Friday and it has really caused me to reflect on my week and see that even “bad” weeks have moments of joy – moments that before I started snapping random shots, got lost in the shadows…

2. Brittany says:

I hope you are feeling better and I have to say that I was relieved when that top photo turned out to be your card picture and not a random moment during the week because if I ever got a random moment like that it would be a real miracle!
    Brittany recently posted..Changing Me – Getting Gorgeous and Giving Back

Hehehe. Brittany, I woke up to your comment this morning – thanks for helping me wake up with a smile 🙂 If ONLY you saw the REAL story behind that Christmas Card photo. About 2 seconds after the photographer took the shot the 2-year-old was GONE! Up. Racing across the backyard. Of course the day we have a professional photographer my little guy wants absolutely nothing to do with the camera. That shot (random OR professional) was a miracle – LOL.

3. Adrienne
    Twitter: themommymess

That is a beautiful Christmas picture!!
    Adrienne recently posted..NetZero 4G Hotspot Review and Giveaway

Thank you! Only a professionally could capture a shot with 3 kids (one of which a squiggly 2-year-old) and also capture it with smiles on everyone’s face.

4. Alison says:

What a beautiful Christmas card, Kate!
    Photos may not tell the whole story, but it gives a frame to it. Like, overall goodness with occasional shadows sort of frame.
    🙂
    Alison recently posted..Beauty Is A Light In The Heart…. And Other Things

I like that comparison Alison (Photos may not tell the whole story, but it gives a frame to it.) Who wouldn’t want to frame their life with mostly goodness? Well said!

Beautiful collage. Wonderful memories that make the heart smile. I feel the same about these bright moments and sharing them on my blog. 🙂
    Susi recently posted..Hubby to the rescue… and a few fill ins!